The Area

In Castiglion Fiorentino

Museums in Castiglion Fiorentino

Museums in Castiglion Fiorentino

Archaeological Museum

The Archaeological Museum collects and exhibits the history of Castiglion Fiorentino and its territory, through a collection of artifacts and a multimedia system. The reconstruction of a portion of the roof of the Etruscan sanctuary and many examples of this civilization have a great emphasis. In the archaeological area, full of underground passages, you can see the evidence of the first Etruscan settlement, dating from the eighth century. BC, up to the Middle Ages.

Via del Tribunale, 8 Tel. 0575.659457

Summer hours: April to September every day 10.00-12.30 and 16.00-18.30 From October to March every day 10.00 to 12.30 and 15.30 to 18. Closed on Monday.

Church of S. Angelo al Cassero: the crypt

During the restoration of the building, different alignments have been discovered in the crypt walls characterized by great blocks relevant to the Etruscan city wall dating to the fourth Century B.C. Some etruscan finds, like the Etruscan bucchero were exposed in a shop window, with others dating back to the Hellenistic period, such as ceramics gray and black paint, a lid day cinerary urn with an Etruscan inscription dating from the third century. B.C.

Via Del Cassero  info +39 0575659457


Musei a Castiglion Fiorentino

Municipal Art Gallery

The Municipal Art gallery tooks place in Sant’Agostino’s church (dating XII century), in the ex sacristy and in the so called “Coro delle Monache”. In the inside there are numerous jewellery of artistic interests, like Croce Santa from the 1200’s manufactured in France,  or Sant’Orsola’s bust of XIV century. In the area dedicated to the paintings there is a cross pointed at the beginning of 1200, San Francesco della Bottega di Margarita d’Arezzo dated to XII century, a fragment of a pointing by Taddeo Gaddi (1328), San Michele Arcangelo (1480) and San Francesco’s stigmata by Bartolomeo della Gatta (1486).

The Municipal Art Gallery it is open with reservation only. Info: 0575.659457


Cassero’s Tower.

The Cassero’s tower has been reconstructed during Perugia’s domination and it currently represents the city thanks to her bell tower. It is possible to reach the edge where you can benefit from the stunning view of Valdichiana and Val di Chio.

Piazzale del Cassero tel: 0575.659457


Pieve di San Giuliano’s Museum.

The old Pieve di San Giuliano now is a seat of the parish museum located behind the new Collegiata. In exposition there are paintings and panels from XV and XVII century: a fresco of Christ by Luca Signorelli and a baptism of Christ by Robbiana’s school. In addiction there are also objects from other churches like the Tonacella of Petreto (1450), the Holy Mary of Petrognano, the Holy Mary of Cintola and other relics and objects of the Etruscan period.

Piazza della Collegiata. Opening Hours:

Saturday: from 10 to 12 and from 15.30 to 18.30.

Sunday: from 10 to 12 and from15.30 to 18.30.

All the other days are available only on reservation. Tel. 0575.658080.


  • Ricarca struttura
  • Previsioni Meteo